Sunday, August 22, 2010

So, monday is an hour away

And I started thinking, might as well laugh now!

So, just for you, my most diligent readers, laughs.


Truths For Mature Humans
 
1.  I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.

 2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

 3. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.

 4. There is great need for a sarcasm font.

 5. How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?

 6. Was learning cursive really necessary?

 7. Map Quest really needs to start their directions on # 5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.

 8. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.

 9. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.

 10. Bad decisions make good stories.

 11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

 12. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blue Ray? I don't want to have to restart my collection...again.

  13. I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page technical report that I swear I did not make any changes to.

 14. "Do not machine wash or tumble dry" means I will never wash this - ever.

 15. I hate when I just miss a call by the last ring (Hello? Hello? Damn it!), but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times and goes to voice mail. What did you do after I didn't answer? Drop the phone and
 run away?

 16. I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not seeing anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste.

 17. I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.

 18. I think the freezer deserves a light as well.

 19. I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Lite than Kay.

 20. I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.

 21. Sometimes, I'll watch a movie that I watched when I was younger and suddenly realize I had no idea what the heck was going on when I first saw it.

 22. I would rather try to carry 10 over-loaded plastic bags in each hand than take 2 trips to bring my groceries in. - AMEN

 23. The only time I look forward to a red light is when I'm trying to finish a text.

 24. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger. - hahahaha!

 25. How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear or understand a word they said?

 26. I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers and sisters!

 27. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.

 28. Is it just me or do high school kids get dumber & dumber every year?

 29. There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far.

 30. As a driver I hate pedestrians, and as a pedestrian I hate drivers, but no matter what the mode of transportation, I always hate bicyclists.

 31. Sometimes I'll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is.

 32. Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, finding their cell phone, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey - but I'd bet my ass everyone can find and push the snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time, every time!
 
 
Monday is CSI Miami Day
 
Iranian Air Defense Radar: 'Unknown aircraft you are in Iranian airspace. Identify yourself.'
Aircraft: 'This is a United States aircraft. I am in Iraqi airspace.'
Air Defense Radar: 'You are in Iranian airspace. If you do not depart our airspace we will launch interceptor aircraft!'
Aircraft: 'This is a United States Navy FA-18 fighter. Send 'em up, I'll wait!'
Air Defense Radar: (no response ..... total silence) 


 Backblast, the bitch you can't ignore.


 A first-grade teacher, Ms. Brooks, was having trouble with one of her
students. The teacher asked, "Harry, what's your problem?"

Harry answered, "I'm too smart for the 1st grade. My sister is in the
3rd grade and I'm smarter than she is! I think I should be in the 3rd
grade too!"

Ms. Brooks had had enough. She took Harry to the principal's office.

While Harry waited in the outer office, the teacher explained to the
principal what the situation was. The principal told Ms. Brooks he
would give the boy a test. If he failed to answer any of his questions he
was to go back to the 1st grade and behave. She agreed.

Harry was brought in and the conditions were explained to him and he
agreed to take the test.

Principal: "What is 3 x 3?"

Harry: "9."


Principal: "What is 6 x 6?"

Harry: "36."

And so it went with every question the principal thought a 3rd grader
should know.

The principal looks at Ms. Brooks and tells her, "I think Harry can
go to the 3rd grade."

Ms. Brooks says to the principal, "Let me ask him some questions."

The principal and Harry both agreed.

Ms. Brooks asks, "What does a cow have four of that I have only two
of?"

Harry, after a moment: "Legs."

Ms. Brooks: "What is in your pants that you have but I do not have?"

The principal wondered why she would ask such a question!

Harry replied: "Pockets."

Ms. Brooks: "What does a dog do that a man steps in to?"

Harry: "Pants."

Ms. Brooks: What starts with a C, ends with a T, is hairy, oval,
delicious and contains thin, whitish liquid?"

Harry: "Coconut."

The principal sat forward with his mouth hanging open.

Ms. Brooks: "What goes in hard and pink then comes out soft and
sticky?"


The principal's eyes opened really wide and before he could stop! the
answer,
Harry replied, "Bubble gum."

Ms. Brooks: "What does a man do standing up, a woman does sitting
down and a dog does on three legs?"

Harry: "Shake hands."

The principal was trembling.

Ms. Brooks: "What word starts with an 'F' and ends in 'K' that means
a lot of heat and excitement?"

Harry: "Firetruck."

The principal breathed a sigh of relief and told the teacher, "Put
Harry in the fifth-grade, I got the last seven questions wrong......
 
Looks like Ghostbusters III is a go, I will reserve judgment until I see it before I get this Tattoo.

 
A Homeless Man's funeral . . .

    As a bagpiper, I play many gigs. Recently I was asked by a funeral
  director to play at a graveside service for a homeless man. He had no
  family or friends, so the service was to be at a pauper's cemetery in
  the Kentucky back country.
    As I was not familiar with the backwoods, I got lost and, being a
  typical man, I didn't stop for directions. I finally arrived an hour
  late and saw the funeral guy had evidently gone and the hearse was
  nowhere in sight. There were only the diggers and crew left and they
  were eating lunch.

  I felt badly and apologized to the men for being late. I went to the
  side of the grave and looked down and the vault lid was already in
  place. I didn't know what else to do, so I started to play.

  The workers put down their lunches and began to gather around. I
  played out my heart and soul for this man with no family and friends.
  I played like I've never played before for this homeless man. And as I
  played 'Amazing Grace,' the workers began to weep. They wept, I wept,
  we all wept together. When I finished I packed up my bagpipes and
  started for my car. Though my head hung low, my heart was full.
    As I opened the door to my car, I heard one of the workers say, "I
never seen nothin' like that before and I've been putting in septic
  tanks for twenty years."



Till Tomorrow,
Stay Thirsty my Friends.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment